Search Through Our Great Lisbon Properties For Sale Portfolio
Surfing in Portugal – Guided Surfing Tours – Questions to Ask
In this series of articles “Surfing in Portugal” we will discuss surfing as one of the most entertaining and exciting tourist activities one can do when they visit our beautiful country, and hope to provide some basic guidance on how to secure the best possible surfing experience.
From our previous article “Surfing in Portugal – Surfing for Everyone”: “Just like with any other tourist activity in Portugal, there are professional tourist agencies and guides out there who can provide you with a guided trip related to the said activity. When it comes to guided surfing tours, the agency or the guide the services of which you choose to employ will take you to all the best locations and destinations for surfing in the country.”
When it comes to surfing in Portugal and guided surfing tours, there are many different packages, tour groups, and companies that are available to you and that you can take advantage of.
Not unlike the guided hiking tours in Portugal, which we have discussed in our series of articles by the title of “Hiking in Portugal”, guided surfing tours can also take up to several days. That is why we urge you to ask the following questions:
– What is the agenda for the guided tour like?
– What are all the destinations planned for the tour?
– What types of accommodation will be available to you?
– Is the cost of accommodation covered in the initial price of the package or will you be required to pay for it as you go along?
– Will food be provided or will you have to provide it for yourself during the trip?
– If the food will be provided, what kind of food will be served?
– What about surfboards? Do you need to bring your own or will those be provided as well?
Perhaps you are a first time surfer who wishes to participate in the activity, but you do not yet have your own surfboard. Or, maybe, you are an experienced surfer but you did not happen to pack and bring you surfboard for a various number of reasons. Some tourist agencies will have surfboards ready for you to borrow, and some of them will sell them to you cheaply.
Some tourist agencies, however, do not provide either of these services and in that case you will be required to provide your own surfboard in order to be able to participate fully. As always, make sure to ask these questions before you decide on or commit to anything.