[vc_row content_placement=”middle” el_class=”bg-img-top-no-repeat”][vc_column][vc_row_inner el_id=”kurac”][vc_column_inner]
Lifestyle in Portugal What to expect
Portugal is quickly becoming a preferred retirement destination for people all over the world. It might seem that long games of golf, large glasses of Port, and lazy strolls on the beach are all there is to the appeal of Portugal to the retirees, but Portugal has much more to offer than that. We do not deny that these things are already attractive enough on their own, but the benefits of retirement in Portugal do not end there.
Portugal has a pleasant climate, providing long, sunny days throughout the whole year, and it is a home to some of the most wonderful and friendly people you will ever meet. It comes as no surprise that our country is in such high demand from retirees and tourists from all over the globe. In this article, we will attempt to provide a summary of some of the additional benefits of at least visiting, if not settling, in Portugal:
– If the beauty of Portuguese culture and lifestyle was not enough to convince you, you should be pleased to know that Portugal is also one of the most affordable places to live in Europe. A 3-course meal in Portugal can cost less than ten Euros, while running costs, such as electricity, gas, and water, are almost negligible.
– If health is your greatest concern, Portugal is still the right place for you. Warm climate and clean air provide the excellent basis for the concept of “prevention is better than cure”, and many doctors’ prescriptions lead to holidays in our country. On top of that, the healthcare in Portugal is of the highest quality, affordable, with numerous private care options to choose from.
– The prices of property in Portugal are still rather low, especially when compared to prices in the UK and Ireland, and our property market provides you with options of downsizing to release equity.
– Hot summer days, cooled just enough by the Atlantic breeze, as well as with warm winter days, make the climate of Portugal one of the most pleasant in the world. There is just enough rainfall to keep the landscapes green and beautiful, but never so much that the sky is grey for too long.
– We already mentioned how you can quickly travel from one part of the country to the other by plane, but in case flying isn’t your thing, Portugal also has a solid network of motorways throughout the whole country. The roads are well maintained and rarely congested, even in summer. If you are not a great fan of driving either, public transport, by either road or rail, is also reliable, affordable, and safe.
– Portugal is a beautiful country and the Portuguese government works hard to keep it so. With strict planning regulations, they have ensured that the long beaches, serene countryside, and pine forests will remain where they are for many future generations to enjoy.
– The proximity of the Atlantic ocean, combined with some of the best agricultural conditions in the world, both contribute to the quality and popularity of Portuguese cuisine as it benefits from some of the best-quality meat and fish you can find. The affordable prices make the already-delicious food even more enjoyable.
To learn more about life, culture, and entertainment in Portugal, and to purchase a property in Portugal, do not hesitate to contact us at PropertyLisbon.com, and we will happily answer all your questions.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column]
A very nice apartment in Lisbon, located near Campo de Ourique. This cozy apartment renovated, on the second floor, lift, living room is waiting for you. Come and visit us!
The Estoril area, more specifically the Monte do Estoril is one of the most Premium areas around Lisbon. Close to the vibrant capital, this neighborhood offers a top quality lifestyle. Served by stunning local beaches, top golf courses, trendy shops and gourmet restaurants this village offers elegance and sophistication. This area was the residence for […]
Apartments in Nazaré in a condominium with panoramic swimming pool and a stunning sea view. Comprising: Hall, big kitchen, living room (that you can make plus 1 bedroom or office), 2 bedrooms (one in suite), 2 bathrooms and 2 balconies with sea view. 1 Parking place in the basement of the building. Equipped with: Pre-installation […]
2 bedroom apartments inserted in Luxury Resort with 18 hole golf course and access to the beach. Excellent 2 bedroom apartment with fully equipped kitchen, furnished and with terrace facing the sea. In a gated community with access to the outdoor pool and fitness center. Ideal investment property with guaranteed profitability Situated just 15 minutes […]
Modern and luxurious 3 bedroom apartment enjoying a superb position on top of a hill with a panoramic view over the Atlantic Ocean. Apartment that is more than a dwelling by the sea. This was thought to give the greatest comfort and well-being and yet, take advantage of one of the main elements where they […]
Modern and luxurious 2 bedroom apartment enjoying a superb position on top of a hill with a panoramic view over the Atlantic Ocean. Apartment that is more than a dwelling by the sea. This was thought to give the greatest comfort and well-being and yet, take advantage of one of the main elements where they […]
2 Bedroom apartment with parking on Av. 5 de Outubro – Avenidas Novas – Lisbon. With 104m2 of area and inserted in building with elevator and currently being recovered in the common spaces. Comprising living room of 15m2, kitchen of 15m2 semi-equipped, 2 bedrooms (13m2 and 9m2), 2 bathrooms (7m2 and 3m2) and 1 parking […]
The ceramic tradition in Caldas da Rainha was never only in decorative or utilitarian areas, the existence of several brick and ceramic tiles also contributed to the economic development and ceramic tradition in the municipality and behold, here we present a historic brick factory in Llanelli/Made. Once a major industrial unit, with an area of […]
Apartment in the center of Peniche. Located at the ground floor and consists of 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 pantry, garage for 2 cars and large patio with barbecue. Equipped with central vacuum, gas central heating and surround sound. It is sold fully furnished and decorated and functioning as AL (local accommodation). Excellent […]
2 Bedroom apartment in Baleal just 500m from the beach. With sea view and inserted in condominium with swimming pool. Comprising living room and kitchen in open space, 1 bathroom, 2 bedrooms, 2 balconies with sea view, garage for 2 cars and storage. Excellent sun exposure and a fantastic location!
Apartment in a luxury condominium near the Golf courses and two minutes from the beach. Excellent 2 bedroom apartment with fully equipped kitchen, furnished, equipped with central heating and fireplace. In a private condominium with swimming pool. Ideal property for investment with guaranteed profitability! Just a 15-minute drive from Óbidos village. Lisbon and the airport […]
5 Bedroom apartment situated in the Expo (Parque das Nações) emblematic zone of the Portuguese capital, with stunning views over the River Tejo, Vasco da Gama Bridge and the tower of the Hotel Myriad. On the 4th floor of a building in first line river view and consisting of 1 floor with 6 rooms of […]
Apartment in prime area of the city of Caldas da Rainha, near the fruit market and services. With 4 bedrooms, one of them in suite and all with balcony, fully equipped kitchen, utility room, laundry room, 1 social bathroom and living room with fireplace. It has a closed garage with 39.90m2 for 2 cars and […]
T5 Apartment totally refurbished with materials of excellence and luxury finishes with the own refinement that is required of a property located in one of the most exclusive and emblematic areas of the Portuguese capital, Praça do Marquês de Pombal. Building with doorman and 24h security in the lobby, 2 elevators. Excellent areas distributed as […]