Search Through Our Great Lisbon Properties For Sale Portfolio
Lifestyle in Portugal What to expect
Portugal is quickly becoming a preferred retirement destination for people all over the world. It might seem that long games of golf, large glasses of Port, and lazy strolls on the beach are all there is to the appeal of Portugal to the retirees, but Portugal has much more to offer than that. We do not deny that these things are already attractive enough on their own, but the benefits of retirement in Portugal do not end there.
Portugal has a pleasant climate, providing long, sunny days throughout the whole year, and it is a home to some of the most wonderful and friendly people you will ever meet. It comes as no surprise that our country is in such high demand from retirees and tourists from all over the globe. In this article, we will attempt to provide a summary of some of the additional benefits of at least visiting, if not settling, in Portugal:
– If the beauty of Portuguese culture and lifestyle was not enough to convince you, you should be pleased to know that Portugal is also one of the most affordable places to live in Europe. A 3-course meal in Portugal can cost less than ten Euros, while running costs, such as electricity, gas, and water, are almost negligible.
– If health is your greatest concern, Portugal is still the right place for you. Warm climate and clean air provide the excellent basis for the concept of “prevention is better than cure”, and many doctors’ prescriptions lead to holidays in our country. On top of that, the healthcare in Portugal is of the highest quality, affordable, with numerous private care options to choose from.
– The prices of property in Portugal are still rather low, especially when compared to prices in the UK and Ireland, and our property market provides you with options of downsizing to release equity.
– Hot summer days, cooled just enough by the Atlantic breeze, as well as with warm winter days, make the climate of Portugal one of the most pleasant in the world. There is just enough rainfall to keep the landscapes green and beautiful, but never so much that the sky is grey for too long.
– We already mentioned how you can quickly travel from one part of the country to the other by plane, but in case flying isn’t your thing, Portugal also has a solid network of motorways throughout the whole country. The roads are well maintained and rarely congested, even in summer. If you are not a great fan of driving either, public transport, by either road or rail, is also reliable, affordable, and safe.
– Portugal is a beautiful country and the Portuguese government works hard to keep it so. With strict planning regulations, they have ensured that the long beaches, serene countryside, and pine forests will remain where they are for many future generations to enjoy.
– The proximity of the Atlantic ocean, combined with some of the best agricultural conditions in the world, both contribute to the quality and popularity of Portuguese cuisine as it benefits from some of the best-quality meat and fish you can find. The affordable prices make the already-delicious food even more enjoyable.
To learn more about life, culture, and entertainment in Portugal, and to purchase a property in Portugal, do not hesitate to contact us at PropertyLisbon.com, and we will happily answer all your questions.