A lot of people would love an opportunity to live and work in the EU. But not many people are aware of the entry opportunities available in different EU countries. The Portuguese golden visa program is an easy way to acquire permanent EU residence by way of investing. Golden visa Portugal application is quite straightforward for those ready to invest in the country.
First Things First- Why the Portuguese Golden Visa?
There are many ways or paths you can take to acquire EU residency. For instance, some countries allow you to enter as a skilled worker while others allow refugees to attain full residence. However, the golden visa Portugal process is by far the most popular among business minded individual or retirees.
By getting the Portuguese golden visa, you also get to kill a single bird with one stone. You can use your savings to invest in an income generating business or property and automatically become an eligible golden visa resident. This is perfect for those looking to start a new life in a sophisticated and diverse country, retirees and businesses who want unfettered access to the EU.
Golden visa Portugal application in a nutshell
The application process is quite straightforward so long as you have the required documentation and have made investment decisions. You will need the following documents before you initiate your golden visa Portugal application:
- A valid passport
- Criminal record certificate or police clearance certificate. This is not required for children under the age of sixteen.
- You will need a document that will be proved as proof of residence e.g. A utility bill or driving license
- You may need a document to proof your professional status- such as an employment letter.
- Marriage certificates for couples
- Birth certificate for each child if it is a family
- Tax identification number (Portugal)
- Permission documents for access to your records
- Documents demonstrating your willingness to invest in the country and evidence of minimum investment done as per the golden visa requirements.
- Receipts for fees paid for each applicant